Making Your Expansion to Sri Lanka Simpler and More Expeditious
Take advantage of new opportunities in Sri Lanka
- Full Name: Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- Population: 21.44 million (2017)
- Government: Semi-presidential Representative Democratic Republic
- Capital: Colombo
- Major Cities: Dehiwala-Mount Lavina, Kandy
- Primary Languages: Sinhalese and Tamil
- Main Religion: Theravada Buddhism
- Monetary Unit: Sri Lankan rupee
- GNI Per Capita: USD $4,060 (2018)
- Major Exports: Tea, Textile, apparel, rice, agricultural products
- Internet Domain: .lk
- International Dialing Code: +94
Why Invest in Sri Lanka?
As a recently liberalized nation, Sri Lanka is an emerging market that offers new and unyielded opportunity. Newly initiated policies have made investment in Sri Lanka even more attractive. This new, peaceful transition has resulted in low barriers to trade and investment and stronger trading made possible by multilateral trade agreements, making the country an ideal investment location for international and local investors. Furthermore, the country has invested heavily in its infrastructure, making it the best in South Asia.
Additionally, investor-friendly policies like the implementation of foreign investment guarantees by the Constitution, equal treatment to foreign and local investors, and 100% repatriation of profits ensure that you get the most out of your investment.
The government actively encourages foreign investment through preferential tax treatment, tax holidays and exemptions from customs duties. Additionally, strong legal and regulatory framework has been developed to protect intellectual property and to encourage more efficient and cost-effective dispute resolution methods. It also continues to focus on improved financial management and fiscal reforms while promoting public and private investment. Its new political reconciliation and impressive economic growth support long-term development.