2. This software enables the development of apps that look, feel and perform as though they were native to a particular device and due to its cross-platform development capability, React Native can be used for both Android and iOS applications simultaneously.
3. The high performance, ease of maintenance as well as fast update and development time of this software are some of the benefits that businesses can take advantage of by hiring a Native React developer.
4. When looking to hire a React Native developer it is important to clearly outline the project requirements and assess candidates on both their technical and soft skills.
5. As a leading Global PEO, Horizons can support your company to hire React Native developers from anywhere in the world, while maintaining full legal compliance.
Along with other cross-platform app development frameworks such as Node.js, Xamarin and Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile, React Native is currently one of the most popular and is used by many successful businesses across a range of industries including Facebook, Airbnb, Bloomberg and Uber.
This article will look into the role of a React Native developer and discuss the benefits of hiring one for your business.
What is a React Native developer?
A React Native developer is a type of software engineer who uses the React Native framework to create seamless and user-friendly user interfaces (UI) for iOS and Android operating systems. This is done by creating components from different prototypes and wireframes. They also write automated tests to generate clean, efficient and maintainable code which is reusable.
Developers in this field are responsible for quality checks by debugging codes, running performance tests and fixing any errors that may arise to help improve front-end performance. They must integrate native modules and third-party application programming interfaces (APIs) and work with third-party dependencies as well as project managers and business analysts. React Native developers also need to collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams to build apps within specified timelines and budgets.
Video: What is React Native?
What are the benefits of hiring a React Native developer?
There are a number of benefits to hiring a React Native developer for your business as outlined below:
Its cross-platform development capability enables React Native developers to build a single app for both Android and iOS platforms without the need to hire two separate teams, offering both cost and time savings for your business. With the availability of a large number of third-party plugins, React Native eliminates the cost of needing to build an app from scratch. In addition, a large amount of its code is reusable resulting in further development cost savings for your business.
Its community-driven approach makes it easier for developers to find the expert support they need. Its open-source platform means that a developer who is faced with a problem at any stage in the development process can turn to other community members for help, training materials, or advice on tools, allowing for a swift resolution to any issues that may occur.
As a cross-platform app development framework, React Native makes it quicker for developers to build user-friendly apps for both Android and iOS compared to other methods, resulting in reduced development times. This is further supported by the single codebase which allows for large amounts of code to be reused allowing for a faster time-to-market for your business.
Its flexible architecture makes it easier for Native React developers to continue building the platform once the previous developer has left. It is also possible to allow other developers and engineers to make updates and edits in the same application, all of which offer your business greater time and cost savings.
Its hot reloading ability lets React Native developers make changes in the code which are automatically reflected while the app is still running. The ability to see their changes in real-time allows developers to make the best decisions by taking into account live feedback. A live reload function that does not affect the state of the application allows customers to enjoy the benefit of the app without interruption, thus being better for business.
How to hire a React Native developer – 3 Steps
Whether you are looking to recruit in-house developers, freelancers or remote workers the following steps can help you navigate the process of hiring a React Native developer for your business:
1. Outline the project requirements
To attract the right candidate, ensure your job specification is as detailed and specific as possible by focusing on the following areas:
- Create a User Flow – Before beginning a React Native development project you must be able to convey the central purpose of the mobile app to the developer through a user flow. This will allow them to assess its scope and identify any potential challenges which may arise during the project.
- Create GUI Design – A Graphical User Interface (GUI) allows a developer to better understand the visual representation of your data and the rationale behind it. It also sheds light on any potential risks or problems as well as facilitating more accurate time and cost projection.
- API Documentation – A developer must have an outline of the technical requirements of the project before they can begin work on the back end of the mobile app.
2. Technical requirements
A React Native candidate must possess strong technical skills in the following areas:
- An understanding of native iOS and Android development
- Familiarity with Redux
- App navigation skills
- Debugging and testing skills
- The ability to write, clear, consistent and error-free code
You may need to test for additional technical skills based on the experience level of the developer you require and the type of mobile app that your business is looking to develop.
3. Soft Skills
Along with strong technical ability, good communication and teamwork are some of the soft skills a React Native developer should possess. Whether it’s cross-functional collaboration, speaking in client meetings, or guiding other members of their team, hiring a React Native developer who will fit in well within your organization is key.
The following interview questions can help you gauge a prospective candidate’s abilities in this area:
- What challenges did you successfully overcome in previous development projects?
- Have you had to manage a team through a difficult situation? What lessons did you learn?
- What is your approach when working on something you have not been tasked with before?
- How do you manage competing work priorities?
- Describe a situation when you had to explain a complex technical problem at work to someone who was not familiar with the jargon. How did you ensure you were successfully understood?
This three-step roadmap can help you to streamline the process of shortlisting candidates, helping you find the best one for your business needs.
As a leading Global PEO, Horizons can support your company to hire the best talent from around the world. If you are looking to diversify your workforce to include React Native developers to complement your existing team, we are here to support your business. Contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the hourly rate of a React Native developer?
The average hourly rate for a React Native developer in the United States is $64.10. If you hire a react native developer abroad, the price drops significantly.
Why hire a React Native developer?
Mobile app development requires a significant time and skill investment. A React Native developer can create native-like, user-friendly iOS and Android apps for your business in a cost-effective manner. Its single codebase means code only needs to be created once across both iOS and Android applications, saving your company time and money. In addition to this, mobile apps built by a React Native developer will be easy to maintain, develop, update, and support.