3. There are several business benefits to hiring a Node.js developer such as shorter prototype delivery and time-to-market cycles, the creation of real-time applications, and high scalability. It is also a popular development tool for optimizing SEO strategies.
4. When looking to hire a Node.js developer it is important to select an employment model that best suits your business needs as well as the purpose you are hiring for. The three main hiring models include freelancers, in-house expertise, and outsourcing.
5. As a leading Global PEO, Horizons can support your company to hire Node.js developers from anywhere in the world, while maintaining full legal compliance.
In this article, we will look at what a Node.js developer does and the benefits of hiring one for your business.
What is a Node.JS Developer?
A Node.js developer manages the exchange of data between servers and users ensuring optimum performance and responsiveness to front-end requests. They also work alongside front-end developers by integrating web-based application elements and write testable, reusable and efficient code in order to design and implement high-performance applications.
A Node.js developer will run tests, fix defects and provide technical support as well as advise on and make recommendations to improve processes. Their role also involves the implementation of adequate security and data protection protocols as well as data storage solutions. By staying up-to-date with trends and advancements in relevant technologies, a Node.js developer is best able to deploy and maintain a business’ network applications.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Node.JS Developer?
Outlined below are some of the benefits to your business of hiring a software engineer who specializes in Node.js development.
- Faster Delivery
- Node.js is faster and makes it easier and simpler to host web apps compared to many other frameworks. This allows Node.js developers to test concepts quickly and easily enabling faster prototype delivery, making it ideal for startups.
A shorter timescale between ideation and the launching of a process benefits all businesses. With significantly shorter testing times, a Node.js developer can reduce your business’ time-to-market cycle.
- Real-Time Applications
- Hire a Node.js developer to help your business create high-performing, real-time apps which allow for streaming and multiple activities to be carried out simultaneously. Real-time features such as chat, gaming and the live transmission of text, audio or video communications can be easily handled by Node.js.
- Node.js offers scalability for businesses, supporting their growth and expansion. This is due to many of its features such as its load balancing capacity, its ability to handle multiple concurrent connections along with vertical and horizontal program scaling which enable Node.js to easily adapt to increases in an application’s number of users without needing to be programmed again. A Node.js developer can assist your business by developing a simple, standalone framework that can be easily scaled when needed.
- Node.js uses one language for both its client-side and server sides. This saves a business time and money in having to hire several developers on both the front-end and back-end processes. In many cases, hiring a Node.js developer is sufficient to complete a project.
- A Node.js developer can improve the visibility of your business on search engines. Due to its high speed and performance, Node.js is considered to be the most suitable framework for optimizing SEO strategies.
How to Hire a Node.JS Developer
When looking to hire a Node.js developer it is important to select an employment model that suits your business as well as the purpose you are hiring for.
Below are the main employment models to choose from when hiring a Node.js developer.
FreelancerHiring a freelancer can be ideal for short-term projects and can be especially beneficial for startups or other businesses that are constrained by costs. A Node.js freelancer can help your business handle existing requirements such as platform migrations, product upgrades and integration of features without the need to comply with strict local labor laws and regulations pertaining to employees. The main benefit of engaging the open talent marketplace is that it allows your business to benefit from the knowledge and skills of a large pool of talent based around the world whom you may not have access to if employed on a full-time basis. The cost-savings of working with a Node.js freelancer enable you to take advantage of this expertise on-demand, filling any gaps within your business.
An in-house Node.js developer is recommended for longer-term projects and where there is a need for post-launch support. As a full-time team member you have the advantage of a skilled Node.js developer within your organization, saving your business time and money in having to hire someone with proven technical experience if any issues or problems arise. In-house expertise can also ensure you have an IT professional on hand that is exclusively committed to the project assigned to them and who has some investment in the goals and vision of your organization rather than someone who is only hired for a short time to complete a single project.
In-house expertise can reduce the time-to-market when developing or upgrading applications, thereby increasing overall operational efficiency. It is also the ideal employment model when looking to expand into new markets and when developing longer-term strategies for your business. However, hiring a Node.js developer on this basis will require adhering to local employment laws and mandatory employee benefits as they apply in that region.
OutsourcingWhether you are hiring a Node.js developer internationally or locally, another common method is to hire individuals through a third-party provider that specializes in recruiting talent. Such agencies will outsource and take care of your staffing requirements and all relevant compliance issues. The advantage here is that it saves your business time and money in having to source this talent yourself, and will also save you the need to train individuals or pay them a salary. With access to a large pool of trained talent with proven experience, outsourcing enables businesses to leverage talent as required. When looking to hire Node.js developers. choose an employment model that aligns with your project requirements. Will this be a short-term project that requires expertise on a one-off basis or does your business have a longer-term strategy in mind? Financial considerations will also impact your ability to hire on a permanent or temporary basis.
Video: Interview Tips for Hiring Node.js Developers
Hire Node.JS Developers — with Horizons
As a leading Global PEO, Horizons can support your company to hire the best talent from anywhere in the world, while maintaining full legal compliance. If you are looking to expand your distributed workforce to include Node.js developers from around the world to complement your existing team, we are here to support your business. Contact us to find out more.
Frequently asked questions
One of the best ways to choose a Node.js developer is to look for the following qualifications and competencies:
- Thorough working knowledge in Node.js development and its available frameworks such as StrongLoop and Express.
An understanding of front-end technologies such as CSS3 and HTML5.
An awareness of asynchronous programming, its nuances, and its solutions.
Database management and the creation of schemas that support business processes.
Knowledge in user authentication and authorization across multiple systems, servers, and environments.
Implementation of data protection solutions to minimize security breaches.
Effective code creation in accordance with industry best practices.
Problem-solving skills including troubleshooting, error management and syntax manipulation.