Streamline the process of establishing a foreign subsidiary in Macau
We provide a comprehensive end-to-end solution will help your company establish a legal entity in Macau. We deliver a strategic approach by enabling our clients the ability to retain the same quality of legal compliance as their own in-country subsidiaries. Additionally, if your company is looking to begin operating in Macau before your company incorporation is complete, we provide a pre-incorporation PEO transitioning solution so you can quickly launch a global workforce.
New Horizons is Macau’s most trusted incorporation partner to foreign clients. This expertise allows businesses to establish local entities efficiently, reliably, and compliantly.
Streamline your entity setup
Our approach to entity setup in Macau
Macau offers a promising opportunity to create and manage a local company of your own. We can work with you to identify a company structure that best aligns with your in-country strategy and long-term development plans.
By partnering with New Horizons Global Partners, we’ll help you manage your company’s end-to-end incorporation. This includes:
- Handling payroll setup and registration. Once incorporation is complete, we transition employees from their current employment status – under our PEO – into that of your company.
- Overseeing the same benefits your company has been providing to your foreign employees under the ownership of your new subsidiary.
- Gathering local employment contracts and legally mandated materials for the establishment of your new entity.
- Strategic guidance in matters concerning contract negotiations with employees.
Macau limited company
The Macau limited company or Macau One-Man Limited is the most common type of legal entity for foreigner companies in Macau. This type of company is established by each shareholder receiving one share of the business with the share being equal to the amount of capital he or she contributed.
The shareholders’ liability is limited to the amount of capital they contributed. Minimum registered capital of MOP 25,000 is required. There must be at least one shareholder and one officer. A company secretary is required if it is a one-man company.
Macau holdings limited company
Other company structures
There are other types of business entities that may be used that are not as common as the other two options. They are subject to different requirements and include the following:
- Unlimited company – This type of company requires at least two shareholders. There is no minimum registered capital requirement. The business is funded by capital contribution.
- Mixed company – This type of company requires at least one unlimited liabilities partner and one limited liabilities partner. There is no minimum registered capital requirement. The business is funded by capital contribution.
- Mixed liability company by shares – This type of company requires a minimum of one shareholder with unlimited liability and three shareholders with limited liability. Minimum capital investment of MOP 1,000,000.
- Mixed holdings company – This type of company requires at least one unlimited liabilities partner and one limited liabilities partner. The minimum registered capital is MOP 1,000,000. The capital contribution is made through the subscription of sales
- Limited liability company by quotas – This type of company has between 2 and 20 shareholders. The minimum registered capital is MOP 25,000.
- Limited liability company by shares – This type of company requires at least three shareholders. Minimum registered capital is MOP 1,000,000.
- Limited liability company by sole owner – This type of company has only one shareholder. Minimum registered capital is MOP 25,000.
- Offshore company – An offshore company must have at least one shareholder and registered capital of at least 25,000.
Pre & post incorporation services
New Horizons provides companies with both pre and post-incorporation services as part of our entity setup solution.
With pre-incorporation, you can use our PEO service to immediately establish a global workforce in Macau while you await the completion of your company incorporation. Once the setup is complete, we will seamlessly transition your foreign employees from our international PEO directly to your company’s new subsidiary.
Our post-incorporation experts support ongoing monthly and annual compliance services in order for our clients to continue operating compliantly on-site, giving you the ability to primarily focus on local operations.
By partnering with New Horizons Global Partners for your company incorporation in Macau, you can save time and money while ensuring that the entire process will be handled efficiently, reliably, and with full compliance to local laws.